Aug 8, 2008

Gotta Take It Easy




Week 33

This is a between doctor visits post, the last visit was a week ago Thursday and I have one coming up next Thursday.

Baby update: Contractions have started!

I've been having pains for a while but they were finally confirmed as contractions on the doctors table last week. The intensity and length varies so it's not true labor yet, but it seems he just as anxious to meet us as we are him. Peggy (our fabulous nurse midwife) had a talk with baby and told him he has to stay put for another 4 weeks or else he doesn't get to go home with momma. I just can't imagine going through so much and not having him with us...

In the mean time I need to drink lots and LOTS of water, get plenty of rest and begin prepping. Our wonderful (and newly expecting) friend, Beth, has offered to throw me another baby shower. No woman can have enough parties!!! The date is set for August 23rd. We're putting off any purchases until then, but that's not to say that I can browse.

Being the forgetful pregnant woman that I am, I have forgotten about signing up for birth preparatory classes. With the doctors telling us to start expecting his arrival soon, you might imagine how relieved we were to learn that we have missed all but one registry deadline. We will be taking a weekend session of Childbirth A-Z at OHSU, August 22-23 (yes, I may be late for my own party on the 23rd but I will be there!). Synopsis: Childbirth A-Z will prepare you and your birth partner(s) for the physical and emotional demands of late pregnancy, labor and birth, and postpartum care of mom, baby and family. The class also includes a breastfeeding class offered September 2nd. Let's just hope I make it another few weeks or else I might have to teach the class myself.

Tomorrow is Toby and Brandi's wedding. Wish us luck (me mostly that I don't fall or go into labor) and visit soon for an update.

Much love,

The possibly sooner than expected, parents to be.


No comments: